Naughty Dog won’t rule out Joel and OR Ellie in a single-player story-based campaign DLC and also says that Multiplayer DLC will be announced in the near future as well
Joel and Ellie’s tumultuous journey across post-pandemic North America may be over, but developer Naughty Dog won’t rule out any future DLC packs that could include the characters in a side-story apart from the main single-player campaign. There are dozens of opportunities for interesting stories to be told here about the games many supporting characters such as:
- How did Joel and his brother Tommy survive those first several years during the outbreak that repulsed Tommy so much he needed to find refuge away from his brother and join the FireFly militia?
- The story of Ellie and her friend Riley becoming infected, only to have Ellie discover her immunity?
- What happened to Marlene after she parted ways with Joel, Tess and Ellie to the University and how she and the rest of the militia sacrificed so much to move to a new, safer Hospital location?
- How the hell did that weird, pedophilia cannibal David rise to power within the group of Hunters?
- The story regarding Ish and his return to the mainland after being at sea for so long, only to find civilization had completely collapsed. He used his own unique survivalist skills to build a new “family” like society in the tunnels by the sewer…. what happened during the final days when their safety was compromised so that Ish and several others had to abandon the only safe haven they had?
- The remnants of one of the fallen Quarantine Zones banding together to fight back at the Military to gain control because of the food shortages etc… Then there’s the other side of the story…..
- The few soldiers that survived the uprising against the Hunters/Bandits in one of the Quarantine Zones and the female soldier that vowed revenge against her fallen comrades. This idea would certainly make use of A LOT of stealth and perhaps you would even have some advanced weaponry at your disposal because this character was military.
- Henry and Sam, how they managed to get stuck in the city crawling with Hunters and what tactics they used to survive without being caught.
These are just some of the ideas that have been rattling around across internet forums and some of my own personal ideas. Of course, with what I’ve come to understand so far there will be only ONE single-player DLC addition, the rest will be multiplayer. I have no objection to this as I love the multiplayer component to “The Last of Us” and some new maps, new game modes etc. would be a welcome addition! Also, as for the multiplayer DLC how about giving players new maps that cater to you fighting another squad smack dab in the middle of an area with infected? Having not only to worry about human opponents but a clicker or bloater bursting through the doors would make for some tense moments, yes? Or a new mode where your team must survive against the infected while scavenging for parts for you clan (kind of like a horde mode, but with less emphasis on the horde and more emphasis on obtaining food and parts for your clan to thrive and survive). Anyways, are you listening Naughty Dog? I hope you’re taking notes!
It’s my Birthday and I’ll cry if I want to, CRY IF I WANT TO…. but instead I purchased Tales of Graces F and finalized my preorders for Tales of Xillia Limited Edition and Dragon’s Crown
So anyways, my Birfday is tomorrow and my dad took me out on a $100 game shopping spree. HOORAH FOR SHOPPING SPREES! Seeing how I had already put my preorders in for “Dragon’s Crown” and “Tales of Xillia Limited Edition“, I decided to pay for the rest of both games and pick up Tales of Graces F to familiarize myself with the series mechanics and gameplay style (because not EVERY JRPG is exactly the same). I was able to purchase “Tales of Graces F” for approximately $27 used with a “20 Percent Off Any Pre-Owned Game” coupon that GameStop sent out to me via an automated Happy Birthday email. Who says being a used game and physical disc whore doesn’t come with fringe benefits?